SOHH Excited About Janet Jackson, SOHH Soulful Top 5

| 1119 Comments

You'd be officially a HATER if you aren't the least bit excited about Janet Jackson's new music video "So Excited" from the highly anticipated cd 20Y.O.

Yesterday BET premiered the new video on "Access Granted." Janet reunited with director Joseph Kahn for not only an homage to her past music video legacy but also to continue to trailblaze in the artform by incorporating a new x-ray technology never before used by the director.

Fuck Hype Williams. This precisely the type of video fans are accustomed to from Janet; a highly stylized, forward-thinking, envelope-pushing unique visual experience with a sex appeal only Ms. Jackson can deliver. A sex appeal that is no doubtedly the point of reference for up and coming sex sirens like Ciara, Beyonce, Lil Kim and Ashanti.

After seeing the premiere of "So Excited," there is no doubt every step team, aspiring dancer, voguer, choreographer and talent show contestant will be trying to recreate the choreography for their own presentations. AHHHH! Take that and rewind it back!

And while you are still at the water cooler talking about Whitney Houston filing for divorce, we were compiling our

SOHH SOULFUL TOP 5 SONGS OF THE MOMENT!

5. Lil Mo - "Never Cheat On U Again"

4. Robin Thicke feat. Faith Evans - "Got 2 Be Down"

3. Tank - "Freaky"

2. Cherish - "Chevy"
Y'all got the album by now.

1. Danity Kane- "Right Now"

And in case you haven't seen my interview with Danity Kane check it out. They do a hot acapella to "Ride With You" at the end.

Lastly, since we were talking about remixes earlier this week. One of my favorite bootleg remixes is Alicia Key's "Karma" remixed with Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". Have a listen.

1119 Comments

Good morning!

Good morning!

Posted by: Sparkle* at September 14, 2006 10:01 AM

Good morning!

I thought Janet's video was off the hook. I love the song, dances and the whole x-ray look!

Good Morning Soulman! Janet's video is HOT! I love it and she made sure her titties were cover too, lol. Really feeling the danity kane track.

Hey SOHH... what's up?

I am absolutely loving the new JANET video. I think she certainly put these other chicks in line. The imaging was great. The song is fire. I was surprised to see KHIA's ugly has hemmoraging her ugly mouth on the song... but I digress. Everything was perfect. And the end was sick! It was surreal. My only problem was that I think it was "dark." When I think of being excited, I see bright colors. Nevertheless the vid was great. One of the better ones from any female rnb artist this year...

TOP 5
Johnta Austin- Turn It Up
John Legend- Save Room (Vid made it)
Beyonce- Irreplaceable
Lionel Richie- Call It Love
Danity Kane- Come Over(Interlude) Should have been a song in my opinion.

Be Proactive about Happiness

Today's Scripture

"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 18:24)

Today's Word

Did you make up your mind to be happy this morning? It's important to be on the offensive when it comes to your happiness. If you don't set the tone early in the day, the enemy will start reminding you of all your problems and of everything wrong in your life. Before long, you'll be negative and discouraged.

Notice that the Bible doesn't say, "I might be glad today if everything goes well. If I don't get stuck in traffic, or if my boss doesn't yell at me, or if it doesn't rain on my new hairdo." No, the Psalmist said, "I will rejoice and be glad." No matter what kind of difficulties I face today – no matter who tries to make me upset – I choose to be happy. Never forget that although you might not be able to choose your circumstances, you can always choose how you respond to them.

If you'll make the decision to stay full of joy, if you'll choose to be happy in spite of your circumstances, the enemy can't keep you down and defeated. God will give you supernatural strength to overcome every obstacle you face. And you'll live that life of overcoming victory He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

Thank you, Father, for this day. I will take time to smile and to laugh today. Starting tomorrow, I want to get up every morning and declare out loud: This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! In Jesus' name, Amen.

Posted by: Just a Friend of SOUUUULLLLL MAN at September 14, 2006 10:07 AM

MmmKayThnx!

"KHIA's ugly has "

meant ugly ass.

"KHIA's ugly has "

meant ugly ass.

Posted by: Rocky at September 14, 2006 10:08 AM
^^^

With her PERMANENT GOLD fronts.

Soulman, great starting 5! Lil Mo', I can always relate cause she's so gansta with her shyt. Robin Thicke, I like him and Faith, is my girl so thumbs up! I'll always love Tank because of "Come Over" by the late great "Aaliyah". Cherish...bought the CD...Love the CD! Danity Kane, I still can't find their CD in stores...hotdamn!!

All I have to say is that video was "Hot", now that's what I'm talking about Janet, 40 and still showing em how it's done, I like the whold x-ray thing it had going, your right your officially a hater if you didn't like that, and f hype, best video I've seen since IF, go Janet, even Khia fit in, good job Joseph.

Her video reminds me of "If" and "rhythm nation" good job janet!

:SOHH
I'm telling you... she is straight from TAMPA... If you check my page, check the video at the bottom about Chicken is exactly what goes down here. Just ghetto. Thank god I came from class, otherwise, I may fall victim to this shit.

1.JT-my love
2.beyonce-get me bodied(sounds like a bounce song)
3.charlie wilson- you don't have to say a word(don't know if that's the name of the song)
4.cherish-he said, she said
5.kelis-blindfold me

VIDEO IS HOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! GO JANET. I WAS WONDERING IF SHE STILL HAD IT, BUT AFTER SEEING THIS VIDEO I SEE SHE DOES!!!!! SHE STARTED THE CHAIR ROUTINE, AND ENDED IT WITH THIS VIDEO!!! GETTING SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I think this video really made up for the "Call on Me" video. Joesph, did a great job on this one. I usually wait until the second song/video before I decide to purchase the album. So I'm glad she dropped this video before the CD is released!! Go Janet with your old, but still looking good a$$!! I hope when I'm 40 I can still move like that!

1.JT-my love
2.beyonce-get me bodied(sounds like a bounce song)
4.cherish-he said, she said
5.kelis-blindfold me

Posted by: Layla at September 14, 2006 10:17 AM

Layla-

I see you and that Justin Timberlake. I see you.

I be rewatching the opening performance to the VMAs over and over. That fool's choreography caught every beat in that beat box. He put that smack down. Usher is phenomenal but I ain't seen him do it like that in a while.

Yea, I went there... right thurr!

Ok The video is "hot"! She does her thing. I like how she fucking with the FCC on GP! Gon Janet!

Posted by: Trissa at September 14, 2006 10:21 AM
^^^

Come on Trissa, RING THE ALARM. I know you got more than that for Miss Jackson.

If not.... to the left, to the left.

Posted by: Trissa at September 14, 2006 10:21 AM

Now that's keeping it real, for you to say that, it had to be "Hot"

:SOHH
Everything you hate in the box to the left...

I love Justin's new album, I love the new Mr. Richie, and I love Robin Thick. I have been feeling him since last time. Justin is doing the damn thing. I like all the new songs by these men as well as Irreplaceable by Beyonce and I love that Cherish song Underappreciated. Thanks for telling me about them Mr. Soulful..They are dope to me

Come on Trissa, RING THE ALARM. I know you got more than that for Miss Jackson.

If not.... to the left, to the left.

Posted by: SOHH Soul Man at September 14, 2006 10:23 AM

I mean what do you want me to say...I like the video. Im not crazy about the song...but I know it'll grow on me cause I like the video. I wish Janet well on this album..

PS:She could leave JD outta the video, he makes my face frown up when I see him!

Posted by: rere at September 14, 2006 10:25 AM
^^^

Cherish is that on the low, don't tell nobody I listen to that shit kinda fire.

I heard they turned it out in Chastain Park in ATL (their home town) w/ Chris Brown.

:SOHH
Everything you hate in the box to the left...

Posted by: Rocky at September 14, 2006 10:24 AM

Not hating...I dont hate...

She could leave JD outta the video, he makes my face frown up when I see him!

Posted by: Trissa at September 14, 2006 10:26 AM

Whatchu talkin' bout shorty?

I like Janet's new video but I am just really not feeling her this time around. And I am without hating or anykind of malice in my heart but I am more excited about Lionel Riche coming back than Janet. I hope she does well because she is an icon but as far as anticipation she no longer has mine. Just my opinion though.

Posted by: rere at September 14, 2006 10:29 AM

DOH!

Soulman, not trying to switch the topic of conversation per se, but did you hear that new song by Bow Wow ft. Chris Brown. I just heard it this morning and I like it. Do you know anything about it? Thanks...by the way "Good Morning" :)

I know Trista. JD makes me ill. I really break out in Hives when I see him.. what is with them promoting elf sex

Janet's video is hotttttttttttttt! I have never seen anything like that b4 in my life. She made a groundbreaking video. Once again ain't no other bitch as bad as Janet.

Posted by: Tee at September 14, 2006 10:31 AM
^^^

First single from Bow Wow's new cd. You can get a first listen to Bow Wow on AOL Music.

(SONY/Columbia... where are my KICKBACKS for being able to ramble off shit like that)

Yoooooo!

First of all, whats up, party people?

I LOVE this video. But then, I always love Janet when she's dancing. Its not even about her dancing ability, but the choreography is always so fucken ILL its ridiculous.

Looks like they settled whatever issue was going on with Khia. Maybe they shot her a bigface and shut her up. Surprised to see her in the video after all that hooplah though... even if it was on some Max Headroom shit LOL.

Top 5 right now:

My Love - JT
We Ride - Rihanna
I Hate You Bitch - Z-Ro (LOL)
I Call It Love - Lionel Richie
Happy Juice - Keri Lynn Hilson/Snoop

Posted by: rere at September 14, 2006 10:31 AM

Yea TrisTa.

My Love - JT
We Ride - Rihanna
I Hate You Bitch - Z-Ro (LOL)
I Call It Love - Lionel Richie
Happy Juice - Keri Lynn Hilson/Snoop

Posted by: Dig at September 14, 2006 10:34 AM

DIG!

I see you and that JT. If I wrote you a symphony....

Soulman, did anyone ever tell you...you're the SHYT (in a good way of course)??? You have the best blog on this site!!

:TRISSA
Then you better give it up for the video more than that! But, when I said that line, I was refering to all the wack videos that I have been seeing lately.

If I wrote you a love letter...

AHHHH.... DIG, I see that Happy Juice... Henny and Apple Juice... LOL. I hope I don't get drunk fucking around with ya'll. My arm all numb and shit.

Posted by: Tee at September 14, 2006 10:38 AM

Cues "Dirt Off Ya Shoulder"

"You're now tuned in to the mutha fuckin' greatest!"

:TRISSA

Posted by: Rocky at September 14, 2006 10:39 AM

I like the video, but Im not a real big Janet fan! She does what she always does....dance and mumble! Im sorry! And Im not hating!

Yo!
Alright. I guess it's time for me to un-blacklist Mrs. Durpi. I'm gonna go ahead and put aside 10.99 for the iTunes download.
B's Top 5
5. JT-(Another Song) All Over Again
4. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
3. Lionel Richie - I Call It Love
2. Uhhh...Guess I don't have a #2 LOL
1. Cherish - Whenever

Whatchu talkin' bout shorty?

Posted by: SOHH Soul Man at September 14, 2006 10:28 AM

Uhmm that nigga is ugly ass hell. The video is all sexy and then they cut to his face.....Gross! Puke! Ewwww!

My favorite Justin tracks...FutureSex/LoveSound, LoveStoned/I think She knows, What goes around...come around, Chop Me Up, Sexy Ladies, Until the end of time, Another Song...All over again. Justin did the damn thing...I play this loud in the house, in the car at work and I don't give a f*ck who's looking at me like I'm crazy when I'm singing in my falsetto!!!

Have to admit I like tha JT song My Love, and nice performance on the VMAs, best one on the whole horeable show and at least he admitted his mistake with the whole Janet thing, so I guess I'll give him some love.

SOHH:

I love T.I.'s flow on "my love" The song is hot.

One more time for the record...

" I was refering to all the wack videos that I have been seeing lately."

To the left to the left.

Hahahahaha, Rocky, dont act surprised, you knew you was gon turn me out with that song when you sent it LOL.

Soulman: You already know. BTW, workin on havin "that footage" for ya too! (wink)

....dance and mumble! Im sorry! And Im not hating!

Posted by: Trissa at September 14, 2006 10:42 AM
--------
This is true. I didn't understand a damned word from Call On Me. No hate-o.

Posted by: Trissa at September 14, 2006 10:42 AM
_____________________________________
Now Triss...I'm gonna need you to duck for the rest of the day.

Taken from a nigga who knows, the stannets are already sharpening their shanks. watch your back in the lunch line!

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by SOHH Soul Rebel published on September 14, 2006 8:54 AM.

Cassie Still Has A "Long Way 2 Go," Beyonce Gets the "Greenlight" was the previous entry in this blog.

Whitney Houston Cleans House, Ron Isley Faces the Big House is the next entry in this blog.