Put 'Em on Blast Monday: Prodigy is Still a Man Whore, MIMS is the Joke of New York

| 446 Comments

saigon-O.gif

Today, I'm aggravated. First off, I haven't seen my Saigitty album. It's the end of February, and not a peep from The Greatest Story Never Told. And then he suddenly resurfaces from out of left field:

"I'm not gonna run into the booth and make a Prodigy diss and I would lyrically destroy Prodigy," Sai told hiphopgame regarding Prodigy telling him to suck his dick. "But if we run into each other and he doesn't have ten security guards or a pistol around him, I'll beat him like a piñata. Just for that 'suck my dick' shit."

Prodigy has some serious issues that he needs to work out . Being that he's said 50 Cent saved" him and "not Jesus Christ," he's basically declared 50 as his choice of worship. So what makes you think you can tell a nigga to suck your dick if you've already got the next nigga's balls down your throat? Never in hip-hop history have I seen a rapper publicly-- and proudly-- sell his soul to a black capitalist. And for the record, the kid Saigon is pretty solid, and would really do some serious damage to Ballerina P. Come on, b. Your health is no good; you wouldn't stand a chance. Get real.

mims_2.jpg

MIMS needs to drop off the face of the earth. That gimmick-of-a-track, "This is Why I'm Hot," first made its radio debut in mixshow back in June or so, so I'm guessing his newly-signed record deal is what's given him the green light for sudden regular radio rotation. Between then and now, I've come to hate the song even more. Shame on Ebro for allowing this shit to plague the airwaves, and shame on MTV3 Latino for airing the bullshit video. Although Nas is carrying the torch with barely any airplay (he's pushing towards 700K), you have this dude with no talent who is misrepresenting New York, misrepresenting rap, and infiltrating the ears of the entire tri-state era. Thanks a lot.

It just so happens that two of the rappers mentioned above carry on the notion that non-talent gets the airplay, and true talent gets no burn. What happened to "Pain in My Life"? Explain to me how it's okay to re-add to the radio program a wack track that was put out of rotation last summer?

It's coming. Like disco, doo-wop, bebop, blues, etc, hip-hop will one day die.

446 Comments

damn...the same track ny mims has also all of a sudden started airing a lot lately here in Kenya....i don't like that song...reminds me of something from the old days, i just don't know what?

i disagree with u about prodigy....he is a punk bitch for always talking out of pocket but i think he is a pretty solid MC...

PAMOJA!!!

This is why i'm not...interested. Never liked that ghost of a track. It purports to be good, yet from the start its clear what it really is. Its too formulaic. Even for a DJ-turned-Rappa.

As for Prodigy...

50 = Mr. Roarke... Prodigy = Tatoo

"De Plane!, De Plane!"

FOFLMAO,A MANG....REAL NEW YORK NIGGAS WILL BEAT THA BREAKS OFF MIMS,WHEN I FIRST HEARD THAT SONG I KNEW IT WAS SOME 'SOUTH DICKRIDEIN'SHIT RIGHT OFF.IM FROM THE WEST COAST! I WAS RAISED ON REAL NY SHIT i.e.JUICE CREW UP THRU DUCK DOWN RECORDS THRU WU TANG.SEE OUT WEST,WE JUS SAY WHUT WE FEEL,'FUCK A STYLE'--ITS MOSTLY THE VOICE ANYWAYS RIGHT?--'praise Guru'BUT ALL WEST SIDE NIGGAZ RECONIZE REAL GAME WHEN ITS IN YO FACE,AND WE CAN SEE FROM OVER HERE, THAT AINT REAL NEW YORK.NAH,REAL N.Y.IS BLACK ROB,SEAN PRICE,FAT JOE,NAS,BOTH GHOSTS STYLES AND G.F.K.,....BLOOD....IM SAYIN'......EAST NEW YORK STAND UP!....'I GOT YO BACK ,BUT YA BEST TO WATCH YA FRONT,CAUSE ITS THA NIGGAS WHO FRONT,THAT BE PULLIN STUNTS'

Prodigy def. dont want no problems wit the nigga Saigitty...He dumb as hell 4 even bringin his name up....On the lyrics tip sai would eat him and on the street level sai would eat him...so its a lose lose situation for P...maybe he'll learn this time....50 cant save u this time P

Fuck saigon, mims is trash, y sohh always hating on g unit, nas is an asshole sucker for love that nigga album is at 565,000 stop lying sohh faggot

basically that mims joint is actually hot. I can see people are mostly hating on this site as usual. Now I'm not going to commment on his lyrical ability because I dont see him as some crazy lyrical dude but the song is what it is and thats hot.

the only reason people like this record is because it has a southern bounce with a new york cat rappin. but hes doing it right now so dont hate. let him get his money.

Its amazing the internet has the most critics cryin how wack mobb deep is or how wack beef is etc. but on every site you have the same saigon quote about prodigy(whom hasnt gotten ANY love since takeover)like your tryin to start something up! Saigon doesnt even need that kinda press cause the cocksuckers are just gonna turn out and swear that HE'S doint all this for publicity not you, and wont bother to check his music. Furthermore, why all this on the NYC blog? why do you motherfuckers continuously live up to the New York hates everybody myth? who writes this stuff? MIMS sucks, no doubt, but he's gettin burn right now, real niggas aint buyin that shit, its the kids. You know this. Its all kiddie rap. Since when could you ever school a child and he listens? "Pain in my life" is classic but it aint enough "fun" happening in the song or video, kids wont care. Call a spade a spade bro, The industry will push whats popular and ignorance is bliss...'cmon man, just talk about whats really happening and stop tryin to get the assholes to turn out with stupid headlines. Yeah MIMS sucks, yeah theres hope in cats like Saigon But Everyone is not mindless who reads this shit.

Posted by: BlackOnTheBackside at February 26, 2007 7:07 AM

I love your fucking name!!!

AND ANOTHER THING.''CAN U PLEEEEASE STOP HATIN' ON P'' OMG WTF? SEE I KNO WHATS WRONG. ITS CALLED (say it together) 'PLAYER HATERS' YALL DO NOT WHUT IS GOING THRU THIS NIGGAS HEAD AT THE TIME SOME FUCK BOY WIT A MIC,ASKIN' STOOPID SHIT,LIKE 'DO YA HAVE GOD WIT CHA IN ALL THIS?' HOLD UP MAN,YALL SOUND LIKE SOME SUCKAS.WE ALL KNO P' HAS A SMART MOUTH,OK,SOOO DONT BE ACTIN' LIKE THIS IS NOT A REACTION ANSWER.CMON MAN YALL TRYIN 'PULLAPAC' ON HIM,MAN FUCK HIS HEALTH GOTTA DO WITH IT? YEA OK,WATCH THE NEW 'SMACK 12DVD', NOBODY IN THE WHOLE RAP GAME IS AS 'HEAVY ON THE WRIST' AS P'.....AND QUOTE ME ON THIS'''50 CENT WILL BIGGER THAN EVER THIS YEAR, BECAUSE DETOX WILL DROP THEN 50,FIRST OUT THE GATE IS BUCK THA WORLD,RIGHT RIGHT? SUMMER ON FIRE,MOBB DEEP ON THE NEW DR.DRE ALBUM,P'S NEW SOLO H.N.I.C.2...THEN, WHEN U JUS LEARN THE NUBERS TO THE CUTS U LIKE ON HNIC2,AND ITS STARTS GETTIN COLD AGIAN....BLAAAM!!! NEW MOBB DEEP.SO FUCK YALL. BLOOD MONEY IS THE LOUSEST ALBUM I HAVE,THE PRODUCTION.....MAN U THINK IM LIEING,GET YOUR FAV CD,GET IN YO CAR,JUS PLAY TRAC 1 ON BLOOD MONEY LOUD,THEN PLAY YOUR FAV MC/RAPPERS SHIT,SAME VOLUME,BIG DIFFERENCE,REAL BIG.QUALITY......SO HATE ALL YOU WANT BECAUSE P' IS GONNA 'STILLMATIC'U BITCHES,THEN U ALL WILL BE BACK ON THESE NIGGAS DICKS.....'I DONT PUT THAT ON..THATS MY WORD'.

Damn whaddup Odhis? Ain't seen you for min. XBK in here early as usual...whaddup? Shouts to any/everybody else I missed.

That "This is why I'm hot" shit is weak, but I won't pass judgment on his album since I didn't hear it. First thing that popped in my mind when I heard it was "Tipsy". I rock with my lil mama on this one...if feel the need to try and point out why you're hot, chances are you're not.

And P, it's looking like puts his foot in his mouth whenever he comes near a mic. Sai is like 70lbs heavier than dude...I try not to judge a dude's scrap based off looks, but I think Sai would beat all shit out of P. Easily.

HIP-HOP IS DEAD!

Posted by: Xclusive BK Dude at February 26, 2007 7:51 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NO SHIT

HIP HOP IS ALIVE

U GOTTA LISTEN TO THE NEW M.C EMCEE FUCK BOY NIGGA GOT SOME DOPE FLOW

PLUS HE STR8 OUTTA SESAME STREET

Hip Hip is dead and Reckless killed it. Stop hating on P for the love of god. Saigon is nice but what has he done for Hip Hop as a whole? Shit. What did P give us? One of the greatest albums to come out in the 90's. Does P signing with G-Unit automatically negate alll the work he put in since Juvenile Hell? Fuck no! All the bangers Mobb Deep laced us with. And what has Saigon done? Dropped a couple jewels on mixtapes and a guest spot on Entourage. fuck outta here. I know as a writer and as an American, you have the right to say whatever the fuck you want, but this shit is ridiculous!

FUCK P. AND FUCK MIMS OR WUTEVER HIS NAME IS

Cic, wats good my dude u know I'm at work 7:00 on dot every day lol

Quick Question???

If Hip-Hop dies, how will black people make money?

bout time sum1 called mims out, dude got a flow only suitable if hes from the south, no disrespect luda...

Tell Mims Young Joc wants his swagger back, and DJ Toomp wants his beat back.

HAHA, just playin, yall can keep that shit. That nigga is wack, the beat tries to sound like some down south shit, but it aint cuttin it. Yall niggas steal our 808/ snare drum beat style and you still cant do it right. Plus even we think his flow is sorry. LMAO @ NYC right now 4 real. First yall jack LA and the CHI for thier gangs.Whats next? Whats next yall gonna put them honda civics and toyota tercel down for some impalas and Lac's??? I can see it now, niggas on 125 in Harlem ridin chevy's on 24's and shit
LMAO, LMAO

Posted by: Xclusive BK Dude at February 26, 2007 8:25 AM

I think T.I. had the best answer to that...he said "if by hip-hop you mean dudes standing on a corner just rapping, then yea it's dead. But if you mean that waking up in a big house, and having nice whips then no it isn't"

^Something to that effect but it was on point. The love of the art may be gone, but we'll continue to make money off it.

GAY MIMS = YUNG JOC OF NEW YORK

FRISCO TO SAC TOWN, CAPITAL OF THE GAYS
COMPTON TO HOLLYWOOD, SOON AS I HIT LA
I'M BENDING OVER, SO PUT IT ON MY FACE
AND WHEN I HIT THE CHI', PEOPLE TELL ME THAT I'M WRONG
THEY LIKE MY DRESS, THEY LIKE MY THONG
THEY LOVE HOW I MOVE BALLS FROM SIDE-TO-SIDE
THEY ASK ME HOW I DO IT AND SIMPLY I REPLY..

THIS IS WHY I SUCK THIS IS WHY I SUCK

I HIT WASH. HEIGHTS WITH THE REST OF THEM FAGS
WE INTO BIG DICKS, YOU SEE MY PIMPIN' NEVER DRAG
FIND ME WITH ALL FINDS OF DICKS THAT NIGAAS NEVER HAD
FOR THOSE WHO KNOW ME, KNOW I LIKE A FACE FULL OF CREAM
PLAYA YOU CUM BETWEEN, MEANS MORE DICK FOR ME
MY DICK SUCK GAME IS MEAN, HAVE YOUR NIGGA ON LEAN
AND WHEN I SAY I SUCK, MY NIGGA THIS IS WHAT I MEAN . . .

THIS IS WHY I SUCK THIS IS WHY I SUCK
THIS IS WHY THIS IS WHY I SUCK
I SUCK CAUSE I'M GAY, YOUR STRAIGHT CAUSE YOUR NOT
THIS IS WHY THIS IS WHY I SUCK

Tell Mims Young Joc wants his swagger back, and DJ Toomp wants his beat back.

LMAO, LMAO

Posted by: Zone 4 stunna at February 26, 2007 8:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YES WE ALL NOW MIMS SUCKS ASS AND SOUNDS LIKE YOUG JOC

BUT AT LEAST MIMS IS NOT SPITIN NUSERY RHYMES LIKE YOUG JOC
"ENNIE MEANIE MINNE MOE" KIDS USE THAT SHIT TO PLAY HIDE-N-GO-SEEK

FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THEM MOTHER GOOSE ASS RAPS

BUT TRUE STORY . . .
I HEARD THAT MIMS GOT HIS NAME BY SPELLING MOMS WRONG WHEN HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT - REAL TALK

Tell Mims Young Joc wants his swagger back, and DJ Toomp wants his beat back.

LMAO, LMAO

Posted by: Zone 4 stunna at February 26, 2007 8:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AND WHEN YOUNG JOC CAME OUT WITH "IT'S GOIN DOWN" NIGGAS UP HERE THOUGHT HE WAS A FAKE ASS T.I. UNITL THE VIDEO CAME OUT

Damn Reckless! How much do you hate Prodigy? What exactly happened between the 2 of you for you to spit so much hate at this dude? You constantly bringing up the 50 saved me shit. Get over it already. U acting like a little bitch

@ Xclusive Bk Dude
The King of Ny said it the best (not qouting) "either you slang rocks or you got a wicked jumpshot"

@ Xclusive Bk Dude

Posted by: mofo at February 26, 2007 8:58 AM

Well, in my case boys it's . . .
"You either suck cock or got a wicked back shot"

That's how me & little wayne made it up out of the hood

Posted by: M-O-B-B at February 26, 2007 8:58 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know Reckless, stop hating on P. (Well I hate on P too, but it's another kind of P followed by the USSY)

Anyway stop hating on him, that nigga looked so hot on that summer jam screen with those ballerina tights on. omg

On a side note: when I went to summer jam it was called summer jam becasue i jammed alot of dicks in my mouth that day and I had jelly & jam in my ass

Posted by: LOL FOR NO REASON at February 26, 2007 8:57 AM
^^^^^^

Yeah but A NY nigga put young Joc out (DIDDY).

but yeah he is sorry, but if the kid's like him it's cool. same with MIMS sorry ass.

I think the North and South can agree that Young Jock, and MIMS suck.

I'm out, it's already gay up in here.

I'm out, it's already gay up in here.

Posted by: Victor Newman at February 26, 2007 9:16 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Co-Sign, damn faggets ruined the blog!

That Gay MIMS joint is fucking hilarious! Dude is garbage and NYC won't co sign his bullshit. Now everyone can yell we don't support our own. We just don't support garbage.

P. I don't know what's up wit him. When Mobb first came out wit Juvenile Hell I was feelin them. Around time Murda Muzik came out it seemed like they lost their way. Havoc stepped his game up & I believe he is actually better then P. on the mic.

I am feelin Sai. but WTF where is his album dude has had street buzz for like 4 years. People are tired of waiting & I think his window for optimal sales might have passed. Him & P. don't need to beef. It's boring. 2 dudes who need to make sure their own house is clean before they start fucking wit each other.

One

yo yall do b hatin on P alot Look I like Saigon but just like LIVE NIGGA PROPHECY said what da hell has Saigon done 4 hip hop yet? DA MOBB is 1 of da most consistent groups in hip hop OK JUST A QUESTION WHO GOT A BETTA TRACK RECORD NAS OR MOBB??? WHICH JOINT WAS BETTA ILLMATIC OR DA INFAMOUS??? I SAY DA INFAMOUS BUT I WANNA HEAR WHAT YALL GOT 2 SAY

SURE, WHY NOT? LET HIPHOP DIE AND ROT AWAY.

Why yall hatin on tha kid mims? They bumpin dat shit hard down south.yall gotta know dat most of tha time,when a song is not lyrical,people like it more.and it gets more airplay (like) if u got lil kids sangin it all the time at school(sholder lean,lean back,ridin dirty)then its gone be a bigger hit.u most likely aint gone be hearin kids sangin ...pain in my life.dese artest gotta find a way 2 balance dat shit..~six~

Nas getting no airplane in newyork ? NEWYORK need to stand up and buy Nas cd.
How many people live in newyork and won't buy nas cd. If you don't the only thing you going to hear is the south all day on your radio stations. What do you expect to hear. The cd is hot. prodigy career is done. He don't rap like he use too. Nobody would believe him. P just talk to much shit. Newyork need to buy artists cd. stop bootlegging it. Nas is close to 700k. I bet you the south is buying more records than newyork city. What going to happen when fabolous , Redman come out. Everbody that read the comment everyday need to step up that if you dont buy Nas,Bank,Redman,Fabolous,Ghost face,and the rest of the east coast records. All you going to hear is the south. Don't hate do something about it.

WNM07

I think this the blog I been looking for... HEYY!! Welcome to NYC I'm a Georgia Peach but I loves me some Chocalate Brutha's UmHmm... Anyway this WNM Shit taking ova in 07... Come jump on this Brass Monkey for ya Down South Haunkey's YEAH !! YEAH !!

MATT "KATT" HERBZ

WNM07 ~ And we ignant as eva Zone 34

Posted by: john 3 at February 26, 2007 9:33 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Co-Sign, ni99as need to support their artist...STOP FUCKIN' BOOTLEGGING!

________________________

Posted by: ya_boy_six at February 26, 2007 9:29 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

U fuckin' idiot, "Ridin' Dirty" "Lean Back" were lyrical. Yeah the beat and the hooks were catchy but Cham, Fat Joe and Remy went in on those tracks. Stop skimming through music! U ain't a hip-hop head ni99a!

yea saigon nice, but what the fuck has he done for hip-hop lately. How you gon even shit on CAPITAL P like that. Tha MOBB, no matter what has helped build this rap shit and Prodigy is dat nigga. I even getting all hype like that faggot nigga but niggaz need to show and give respect to their hip-hop elders fa real.

the infamous mobb deep nigga

Im a old hip-hop head. I grew up listening to Big Daddy Kane, Rakim etc. So I would have to say Nas got a betta track record. Mobb Deep used to be the shit, but they just turned into a pair of 50/g-unit dick riders...they lost my respect with that. And Prodigy dead wrong for telling another grown man to suck his dick. He should get smacked for that. With a dick.

MIMS said he could sell a million saying nothing on the track didnt he?? lol...Well thats what he is doing. The song is catchy, I admit. Am I going to go out and buy/download it? Negative. There are wack "MC's" on every coast. So stop saying he reppin NY..he's not. And its funny how everyone is dissing Young Joc now..like yall niggas wasnt in the club last summer doing that stupid ass motorcycle dance...lol

Posted by: Reckless at February 26, 2007

And The 50 Cent Toy Soldier of the Year goes 2....

PRODIGY!!!!!

"1st off, I just wanna give a shout out 2 my lord & savior, 50 Cent, with him in my life, I can whoop the world, 2 my duns, Havoc, & Alchemist, this our year baby, QB, G-G-G-G-Unit"
1st off Prodigy needs 2 kill all of that tough talk & just make the fuckin' music, 2nd, Sai don't need 2 get involved in that shit, but it is what it is, I just don't wanna cee Gitty go back 2 jail, he's gonna kill Prodigy off 1 punch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HIP-HOP IS DEAD!

Posted by: Xclusive BK Dude at February 26, 2007 7:51 AM

Xclusive, U're gonna hurt somebody's feelings with tah comment, U know how sensitive ngga R about that comment, but fuck it, truth hurts.

Peace
the
USUAL
SUSPECTS!!!!!

the mims record is unique and creative.. he is showing some diversity from ny... but mims as an mc..... um... i dont know.. but respect to him for having a national hit and not following no trend

What it do SOHH FAM

Yo! P just need some good piff in his life and he'll calm down. HOPEFULLY!!! Saigon is the truth. NUFF SAID!!!
And last but least MIMS, the powers that be seen away to make a quick buck, but I would ahve to say that this track is aight and I know it's a rip off of some down south joint bt the dude did his thing on it. Yes it's a GIMMICK, but hey B.I.G. abd many more borrowed some one else's flow and did justice to it.

i personally dont see mims bein a lyrical dude but dudes is aii on d mic. this is why im hot is a gd track but d dude got my attention when he brought out i did you wrong, that was a hot track. i think people 4get that you dont have to be lyrical to be hot chingy, t.i, young joc, nick cannon, lil bow wow, nelly n all dem dudes i would class as the (spit sh*t on the mic but still getin money kinda niggas)n i think mims is in another category compared to dem dudes so give him his props n stop hatin, he's just up and comin. As for Sai, yall already no P aint got a chance so let's leave that as that.....movin on.........

I'm tired of all this talkin'. Kill 'em All! Drop a nuclear bomb on all y'all! Hire a sniper and assassinate all who don't deserve to live cause they don't appreciate life. Kill 'em All!

that mimms song is the hottest song to come from "thru york" in a minute. you niggas up there be hatin on each other like some lil bitches. no wonder why everybody still laughin at yall niggas. yall need to support each other and get creative and get money. don't nobody wanna hear that bullshit yall tryin to give us no more. this aint '85 nigga, we got options! ha ha ha ha

p.s. cant wait to snatch that UGK album

p.s. cant wait to snatch that UGK album

@mid-west/derrty souf
We don't co-sign bullshit duke!

One

Co-Sign, ni99as need to support their artist...STOP FUCKIN' BOOTLEGGING!

Posted by: Xclusive BK Dude at February 26, 2007 9:38 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FUCK THAT SHIT, I SUPPORT MY LOCAL BOOTLEG STAND!!!!

FUCK THE ARTIST, ACCORDING TO MOST OF THEM - THEY SPEND THERE PROFITS EITHER ON NIGGA SHIT OR TO SUPPLY THE HOOD WITH DRUGS!!!

I KNOW IF I DON'T BUY A RAPPERS CD, IT WON'T HURT THERE POCKETS - SO FUCK EM

AND I'M TIRED OF SEEING THESE NIGGAS BALLING ON BET & AT THE CLUB - WITH YOURS & MY MONEY!!!!

FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!

FUCK THE ARTIST, I GOING TO KEEP BUYING BOOTLEG'S UNTIL AN ARTIST PUTS OUR A CD WORTH WHILE FOR ME TO BUY LEGIT!!!!

WHY SHOULD I SPEND MY MONEY CRAP.
WHY BUY A CD AT FYE FOR 14 - 15 BUCKS, WHEN I CAN GET 3 CDS FOR 10 BUCKS AT MY LOCAL BOOTLEG STAND

MOST BOOTLEG STANDS ARE RAN BY AFARICANS, SO WHY NOT SUPPORT BLACK OWNED BUSINESS?

haha ^^ dats real shit

Do niggas ever get tired of beefing? Every year, every album, dudes have a problem with someone. That shit is just plain stupid.

But yo, "R to the Easy, M to the Wiz-eye" is lyrical?

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by SOHH Reckless published on February 26, 2007 2:38 AM.

Jim Jones Talking Reckless Once Again: "[Memphis] Bleek, I hope Jay got you in his will." was the previous entry in this blog.

Once Again: Rap Vs. Hip-Hop is the next entry in this blog.